On Sunday, January 17, 2021 we will be celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. This day commemorates the birth of one of the greatest Civil Rights leaders and proponents of nonviolent activism in history.
Without a doubt, this year’s celebration will take on added significance because of the horrific acts of violence and insurrection which took place on January 6 at our nation’s capitol. After witnessing death and property destruction, we realize now more than ever the need for nonviolent action in our lives and in our world.
Two of my favorite of Dr. King’s quotes are these:
“Darkness cannot drive our darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
In light of these most important ideas, I would like to share with you a three-week workshop that my son, Matthew J. Evans and I will be facilitating online for Unity Worldwide ministries on the most relevant aspects of nonviolent action. I invite you to join us for an enlightening and powerful experience.
Spiritual Activism: Nonviolent Strategies for Social & Political Reform (3-week Online Training – 5CEUs)
Facilitated by Leona & Matthew Evans
Training is available for 5 CEUs. CEU policy.
Live Collaborate Sessions:
- Thursday, Feb 18 – 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. CT
- Thursday, Feb 25 – 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. CT
- Thursday, March 4 –1:30 to 3:00 p.m. CT
Registration Information: REGISTRATION CLOSES ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2021, 11:45 p.m. (CT). (No late registrations accepted. Limited to 50 people)
To register for a training, follow these steps:
- Begin here: If you do not have a username and password for UWSI – click this link Enroll in UWSI.
- If you are already enrolled in UWSI: locate your UWSI Username and Password
- Complete Registration: Once you have your username and password (please save it) you can now register, click this link: course registration page then:
- Locate the training title
- Click the “register” button and your course will be added to the cart
- Complete your registration by clicking on the “proceed to checkout” on the top left
- A registration page will open – scroll down to the “Already Have an Account?” link, click it and then enter your username and password to compete your registration.
Description: This innovative training provides an in-depth look at powerful and positive ways to contribute to social and political reform while staying true to our spiritual principles. Based on the Gandhi/King philosophy of nonviolent action, these sessions will include:
• taking nonviolent communication to the next level
• keeping debates from becoming personal
• advocating for human rights without sounding partisan
• guidelines for nonviolent discussion groups
• principles of Dr. King’s “Beloved Community”
• the power of nonviolent demonstrations
• an introduction to the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights.
Each session will contain practice conversations, role-plays, and discussion.
Suggested Love Offering: $105.00
Blessings of Hope and Strength as we work together in Love to demonstrate Unity and Oneness in every area of our lives.